Thursday, September 24, 2009

2 months!

My little Layla is 2 months old already. Actually she isn't so little anymore. She had her 2 month appt yesterday and I was shocked at how big she is. This kid has seriously chunked out, but I love it! She weighed in at 10 lbs, 4 oz. Yes.....over 10 pounds! And she is now 21 1/4 inches. 4 pounds gained and only 2 inches grown, she's pretty round! The only thing wrong with her is the stupid clogged tear ducts she's had since she was born. Her tear ducts weren't fully developed so they aren't open and the tears don't drain. Instead they sit on the surface and get infected. She always has green/yellow stuff in her eyes and they get crusted shut when she sleeps. I feel terrible for her! Luckily we now have some prescription drops that will help the infection part but they don't fix the actual problem. They should open up by the time she's a year old, and if not they can probe them out, but that means putting her under light anesthesia. I'm just praying they fix themselves!

Many people have been asking for me to post more pictures of our sweet little babe but the truth is I haven't taken many lately. I do have this one of her. It will have to suffice for now. She is so cute!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh look at those cheeks and chubby fingers. I wish it were so cute for adults to be chubby like that :) What a cutie pie!

The Reese's said...

she looks so cute! i can't believe she's that big already :)

Anonymous said...

OMG that baby is just the cutest thing! Love you guys! Auntie Penn

Montana Brandts said...

She is the cutest little girl!! I love the chubby cheeks!! She is getting so big too fast, it's so sad how fast they grow! And, Carson has the exact same problem with his eyes, but so did Kailey when she was a baby and it does go away eventually don't worry! I'm glad you finally posted a picture for us all to see! So cute!

Trapper and Suzy said...

Oh! She's so sweet!! Thanks for posting a pic! I don't know, I may be wrong since I didn't see Annabelle much when she was a baby, but Layla looks much different than her sister!

...Laura... said...

What a cute little chunk!

Hayden had the same problem with his tear ducts and I was so afraid they were going to have to poke them, but at about 9-10 months it all cleared up! Hope hers go away! Cleaning all that gunk all the time is no fun :(

Jenny said...

Can I just nibble on her cheeks? She is adorable!

Ramanda said...

I feel ripped off that I never got to see her but I got lots of fun time with miss Annabelle so I won't complain. I need your address so that I can email you pitures of Annabelle when we iceblocked. Mine is ramanda_nash@msn.com. Just email me!
P.S. We miss you guys!