Saturday, February 6, 2010

6 Month Check-up

Yes, my baby Layla is 6 months old already. It breaks my heart to think she is growing up on me. Neither of my kids have ever been big cuddlers, and it only gets worse the older they get. Layla wants to get at everything (within her reach of course, she doesn't want to have to work too hard for anything!) and doesn't want to sit in my lap or snuggle up to me. But I'm trying hard to enjoy each moment and stage as it comes.

Yesterday Layla and I headed into town for her 6 month appt. Josh was nice enough to keep Annabelle home so it was just me and the babe. Thankfully she is over the ear infection, but today both girls have something new. Oh well, I guess it's that time of year. Anyway, overall Layla is a pretty healthy girl. She is now a whopping 24 inches long. That puts her less than the 3rd percentile. (Translation: Not even on the charts, basically a typical child of Josh and Sally Yates.) And she weighed in at 14 lbs 14 oz. Somewhere between the 10th and 25th percentile. What's so funny is that she really isn't that big, just round for her length! Annabelle was the same length at 6 months, and only 6 oz lighter but only got lower on the charts from there. It will be interesting to see how Layla grows. So basically her face is deceiving.....she packs most her weight in her cheeks. Ok, and maybe a little extra in the thighs! But what did we expect? Afterall, she is my child!

4 comments:

Trapper and Suzy said...

Aww, what a sweet photo! Well, of course, our kids are gonna be short and tiny! What'd we expect when we married the Yates boys? The little extra chunk on Layla makes her such a cutie to look at, so we're grateful she got that as well. : )

Penny said...

R u kidding? The cheeks and thighs are my fav parts on Miss Layla!!! She just gets cuter and cuter!!

The Reese's said...

so cute and it's okay for girls to grow up short! and i love your new family pictures, they are darling!

Montana Brandts said...

So cute! She is a sweet little doll! I love her so much, I wish I could hold her play with her! And, look at you HOT mamma, you look amazing in that picture with sweet little Layla! You girls are the cutest EVER!