Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Resting

Annabelle is resting comfortably after her procedures this morning. She had her central line inserted and the bone marrow biopsy done. Besides the ride back up to her room, she has been sleeping since then. She did not sleep well last night so she definitely needs it. I need the sleep as well but for now I am enjoying the quiet of the room. We also have a nice view of the Salt Lake valley and it is a gorgeous day out there so I'm soaking up a little Vitamin D!

Everything went well with both the procedures. We won't have the bone marrow results for a couple days. Several scans are set up for tomorrow, but lucky for Annabelle she won't even have to be poked for sedation. We can use her central line for everything and I think she will love me for picking that! For now it's just pain management and resting. And waiting....lots of waiting for results.

Now that her pain is under control we are doing well. It's hard to explain unless you've been in a situation before to feel it, but I am amazingly calm right now. I know it is comfort from all the prayers being offered of our behalf. When I think of our little tiny home town, I can feel the love from the good people there. When something happens to 1 person there, it's like it is happening to everyone. They all come together to support each other. They don't ask "Is there anything I can do?" they ask "What can I do?" So, thank you to everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sally
i don't know if you remember me, I am Linda Allred from St Pat's. Jessica informed me about Annabelle's situation.
Annabella and your family are in my specific prayers. If you come to Msla you alway have a place to stay at my house.
I will be tracking Annabella's progress.
take care and God bless you and your family.
love Linda Allred

Blaine & Tessa said...

Hey! I haven't been commenting, but I have been reading and praying! We love you and hope for the best! Tessa and family