Sunday, May 1, 2011

Together Again

Annabelle was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon after having an MRI in the morning. We drove back to Josh's parents in Tremonton to be reunited with our seemingly long lost child, Layla.


Today was supposed to be our first day without a trip to the hospital. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Annabelle has always had bowel/constipation issues (I know, too much information!) so I wasn't too worried that she hadn't gone in a while. But narcotics tend to have that affect as well so she was getting double backed up. Today she wasn't able to stand up straight. She kept bent in half or curled up in a ball crying and screaming. It got so out of hand we had to take her to the Emergency Room here in Tremonton. She was in so much pain they thought she might have a bowel obstruction. It took 2 different kinds of enemas but she finally was able to go and instantly felt better. You're probably thinking I was overreacting taking her to the ER but it was insane. Way worse than any pain I've ever seen her in before, including getting stitches in her head! Ok, enough of that.....


Late last night we got the call with the results of the MRI. There was no other sign of cancer anywhere else. Wonderful news!!! What a blessing and relief to know we are only dealing with the one area right now. Hopefully we will enjoy a few normal days before we go back down to make a plan of attack.

4 comments:

Laurie White said...

I am so glad to hear that Annabelle's MRI didn't show any signs of cancer anywhere else! Excellent news!I am really sorry to hear about her bowel issues though. I can't imagine how Annabelle must have felt. It makes me so sad that you guys are going through this. As a mom, and after everything with our little Carson, I really feel for you. We are continuing to pray for her everyday. I hope you guys are holding together OK. I know there isn't much we can do to help, but if there is ever anything we can do we would be more than happy to. We will just keep praying and praying that your precious Annabelle makes a complete recovery!!

Laura Neill said...

I'm so glad you got good results back!! And one thing I CAN relate to you with this is the constipation bowel pains.... well- not me, but with Hayden. Did that on a weekly basis for a year and a half. :( I also dealt w/ it with a girl I nannied. Poor little girl. That's horrible to have pains like that on top of what she's going through. :( We prayed and fasted for you today. Lots of love coming your way from my friends as well.

Montana Brandts said...

What AWESOME news!! That's such a relief!! I'm sorry you had to go to the ER, poor little girl. I'm glad she was able to get some relief though. lots of love!!

Andersen said...

I hope you don't mind that I have been reading your blog. When my mom said she talked to Bev and she told me about your little girl I was heart broken. We are all praying for your family and hope the best for her and strength for you parents.