Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fever...again

Annabelle is back in the hospital with a fever. She had an outpatient clinic visit for a push of Vincristine on Tuesday and we had only been home about 2 hours when we had to get in the car and head back to SLC. Days like that exhaust me and make me frustrated! Josh went to the hospital on Tuesday and relieved me so I could come back to Tremonton and rest for a few days. I came down with a horrible sore throat last week, and I've been on antibiotics for it (even though it came back negative for strep), but I've still been feeling pretty tired.

It was SUPER hard for me to leave Annabelle with anyone else, even Josh, when she is so sick but I need to get some extra rest so I get over this completely so I can be 100% for Annabelle when she needs me most. The last time she bottomed out after having Doxorubicin was pretty scary, so for me to leave her was a big deal! I am planning to go back some time this weekend and switch off again. It stresses me out not being there every moment to see how she is doing, but this is the best thing I can do for her right now.

When she recovers and is ready to start her next round of chemo, they will be doing scans again. I didn't think they did them again until she was finished with the protocol, so I was surprised to hear about that. I am excited to see where she's at, but very anxious/nervous at the same time. Please include Annabelle's scans in your prayers and that they will find no cancer. Thank you!!!

3 comments:

Trapper and Suzy said...

We will be praying extra hard for Annabelle that the scans will show no cancer. I know it's tough for you not to leave her, Sally, but I hope you get the rest you need too. : ) Love y'all!

Anna said...

I know how you feel! I was so anxious last time they did Jason's scans. I'll definitely pray that all of Annabella's scans come clean. And I hope you feel better soon!

The Page Family said...

I don't like leaving my girls and they are healthy, I can't even began to understand what you are going through. You are such an amazing mom! You have a strength to be admired. Prays are being offered for all of you. Stay strong.