Saturday, December 3, 2011

Family

We are enjoying our last few days out of the hospital before Annabelle goes back for her next round of chemo. I'm a little nervous because she will be getting VDC again (Vincristine, Doxorubicin and Cytoxan) and that's the series that is SO hard on her. The last time she had it was the day she started radiation, and if you recall, when her counts bottomed out the next week it was pretty rough. Remember the 106 degree temperature that wouldn't drop for days!?! Uggghh. I'm just praying that it won't be as bad this time with them scaling back by 25% on the dose! Right now Annabelle is able to swallow, but she won't. She will drink anything and eat soft things like applesauce and yogurt, and then immediately turn and spit her saliva. I'm not gonna lie, it's about to drive me insane! I know it's not a long trip, but still! I'm hoping some help from a speech/language pathologist will get her over it. Spit buckets everywhere, spit baggies for when we are out and about, spit in the bed, toys falling in the spit, dress-up dresses in the spit, Layla adding her spit to the spit, spitting at the dinner table...you get the picture!

Anyway, like I said, we are enjoying our few days out. Josh is here so we are a complete family again! A lot of time has been spent doing puzzles and we're going to make a gingerbread house today. I've had time to do some crafting (my therapy!) and Josh and I even snuck in some Christmas shopping. I can't wait to take the girls to pick out gifts for other children and families and get them delivered too!!! A huge thanks to everyone who has donated to the cause!

No comments: